We all know about the importance of recycling in general but not many of us know about mobile phone recycling.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Australians are hoarding approximately 23 million unused mobile phones, About 98% of mobile phones can actually be recycled. However figures show that only approximately 13% of mobile phones are currently being recycled. This means there are a lot of materials available that could be recovered simply through recycling.
There are 29 million mobile phone subscribers in Australia. About 9 million new handsets are shipped here every year, and most Australians upgrade their handset every 18-24 months.
The good news? It's easy to do the right thing. All you have to do is recycle your old mobiles and accessories, and encourage others to do the same.
Why recycle you may ask.
Recycling your mobile phone helps :
- Reduces pollution caused by hazardous materials from mobile phones entering the environment from landfill or incineration.
- It reduces the effects of global warming by reducing the amount of CO2 and methane gas entering our environment from decomposing waste in landfill.
- It reduces the waste and habitat damage associated with the extraction of raw materials like plastics.
- It prevents the reformation of environmentally damaging compounds such as dioxins and furans in the exhaust gas stream.
- It reduces disposal rates and impact.
Besides saving the environment mobile phone recycling could also help you earn extra cash for yourself or your business.
We at PhoneInc can assist you with mobile phone recycling. If you’re interested in earning side income for your business or just interested in recycling your old mobile phones to save the environment do contact us at email@example.com today and ask us how.