There’s more to mini than meets the eye. The new iPad mini 4 puts uncompromising performance and potential in your hand. It’s thinner and lighter than ever before, yet powerful enough to help you take your ideas even further.
Ridiculously light. Seriously thin.
iPad mini 4 puts everything you love about iPad into an incredibly sleek and portable design. So you can enjoy FaceTime calls with friends or get work done, wherever and whenever you want
Power that's anything but mini.
iPad mini 4 is powered by an A8 chip with second-generation 64-bit desktop-class architecture that can handle even your most demanding apps. Whether you’re editing a video, browsing photos or both, your experience will be smooth and seamless.
Two amazing cameras. Cleverly disguised as an ipad.
The iSight camera in iPad mini 4 delivers advanced optics, an improved sensor and an Apple‑designed image signal processor. It also includes handy features like panorama, time‑lapse and slow motion video, and burst and timer modes. The front‑facing FaceTime HD camera has been redesigned too, with a refined sensor and larger pixels for even better low‑light performance. The upshot? All your photos and videos — and video calls and selfies — look incredibly vivid.
Advanced security. At your fingertip.
iPad mini 4 uses Touch ID technology to turn your fingerprint into the perfect unforgettable password. So you can unlock your device with just one touch and keep your personal data secure, even if you share your iPad with someone else. Touch ID also lets you make secure purchases in iTunes, iBooks and the App Store. And with Apple Pay and your eligible cards, you can make purchases within participating apps quickly, conveniently and securely.
Fast wireless connectivity.
iPad mini connects to fast Wi-Fi and mobile networks, so you can download content, browse the web and share documents from virtually anywhere. When you’re not near a Wi-Fi hotspot, the Wi-Fi + Cellular model* connects you to fast mobile data networks around the world. And with Apple SIM, you can choose a plan quickly and easily on your device, in over 100 countries and territories.
A better experience with every touch.
iPad mini 4 runs iOS 9, the most intuitive, advanced and secure mobile operating system in the world. If it feels like iOS 9 was made for iPad, it’s because it was. With improved apps and new features like Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture, iOS 9 helps you get more done in powerful yet simple ways. Whether you’re checking messages while answering email or creating a presentation while watching the big game, iOS 9 helps you get more out of iPad than ever before.
Apps designed for iPad. And everything you want to do with it.
iPad mini 4 comes with powerful built-in apps for the things you do every day, like surfing the web, checking email, editing movies and photos, writing reports and reading books. And there are even more incredible apps on the App Store, designed to take advantage of its Retina display (instead of simply being stretched-out iPhone apps). So whether it’s photography, gaming, travelling or managing your finances, you’ll find an app that will help you do it better.
Covers made for iPad mini 4. Colours that match everything else.
The iPad mini 4 Smart Cover and Silicone Case protect your device everywhere you take it. Designed to be paired, the Smart Cover attaches to the front of your device, while the silicone case snaps onto the back. Together they provide protection available in a range of gorgeous colours.
In the Box
- iPad mini 4
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB power adapter
- A8 chip with 64‑bit architecture
- M8 motion coprocessor
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Panorama (up to 43 megapixels)
- Auto HDR for photos
- Exposure control
- Burst mode
- Tap to focus
- Timer mode
- ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR ﬁlter
- Backside illumination
- Auto image stabilisation
- Face detection
- Photo geotagging
- 1080p HD video recording (30 fps)
- Slow motion (120 fps)
- Time-lapse video with stabilisation
- Video image stabilisation
- Improved face detection
- 3x video zoom
- Video geotagging
FaceTime HD Camera
- 1.2-megapixel photos
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- 720p HD video recording
- Backside illumination
- Auto HDR photos and videos
- Improved face detection
- Burst mode
- Exposure control
- Timer mode
- FaceTime audio to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi‑Fi or a mobile network
- Dual microphones for calls, video recording and audio recording
Mobile and wireless
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- Digital compass
- iBeacon microlocation
- Touch ID
- Three-asix gyro
- Ambient light senor
- Unlock ipad
- Secure personal data within apps
- Make purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store and iBooks Store
- Pay with your iPad using Touch ID within participating apps
- Use your voice to send messages, set reminders and more
- Use your iPad hands-free
- Listen to and identify songs
Power and Battery
- Built-in 19.1 watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surﬁng the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
- Charging via USB to a computer system or power adapter
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access9
Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.8.5 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later
- iTunes 12.3 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/au/download)
- English (Australia, Canada, UK, US), Chinese (Simplified, Traditional, Traditional Hong Kong), French (Canada, France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
QuickType keyboard support
- English (Australia, Canada, India, Singapore, UK, US), Chinese — Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese — Traditional (Cangjie, Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke, Sucheng, Zhuyin), French (Belgium, Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Kana, Romaji), Korean, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi (Devanagari, Transliteration), Hinglish, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic, Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
QuickType keyboard support with predictive input
- English (Australia, Canada, India, Singapore, UK, US), Chinese (Simplified, Traditional), French (Belgium, Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland), Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Thai, Turkish
- English (Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, UK, US), Spanish (Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Spain, US), French (Belgium, Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands), Finnish, Greek, Hebrew (Israel), Hungarian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Norway), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian (Russia), Slovakian, Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Thai (Thailand), Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- English (Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, Singapore, UK, US), Spanish (Mexico, Spain, US), French (Belgium, Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Austria, Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Belgium, Netherlands), Finnish (Finland), Hebrew (Israel), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Norway), Russian (Russia), Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Thai (Thailand), Portuguese (Brazil)
Definition dictionary support
- English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
Bilingual dictionary support
- Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- English (Australia, Canada, UK, US), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Russian, Swedish, Turkish
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from the iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
- User-conﬁgurable maximum volume limit
TV and Video
- AirPlay Mirroring, photos, and audio and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 5.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Mail Attachment support
Viewable document types
- .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
- Operating ambient temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F)
- Nonoperating temperature: –20° to 45° C (–4° to 113° F )
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: Tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)