EASY TO FLY
Your Phantom 3 fits into your life and makes flying remarkably intuitive and easy. From takeoff to landing. It's completely under your control, responding to your commands while automatically handling the most complex aspects of safe, stable flight.
Never lose track of your Phantom 3. GPS and Glonass combine to make the Phantom 3 completely aware of its location and relation to you. It hovers more precisely, moves more accurately, and locks onto satellites faster. With the new availability of GLONASS, a minimum of 36 satelities are available to you around the world at any time. Through the DJI Pilot app, you can track its location on a live map, and record your takeoff point so you can bring it back to you with the tap of finger.
VISION POSITIONING SYSTEM
YourPhantom 3 literally helps you fly. It processes information from every sensor and completes complex calculations in real time, giving you a worry-free flight experience.
AUTOMATIC FLIGHT LOGS
Your Phantom 3 automatically logs and remembers the details of every flight you take. Complete flight route, flight time, flight distance, flight location, and cached versions of any photos and videos you took during your flight are at your fingertips for future reference. At the same time, an advanced flight recorder constantly records data from all of your Phantom 3's internal mechanisms, which can be easily shared with the DJI support team if you ever have any questions or issues.
Higher voltage, more energy, and greater power combine to give you a vastly improved flight experience. This upgraded intelligent flight battery has built-in sensors and bright LEDs that let you know the status and remaining power of your battery in real time. Your Phantom 3 continuously calculates its current distance from you and the amount of power needed to return, so you always know how long you can continue flying and when it is time to recharge.
Each motor has the power and precision needed to give you the best flight experience possible. Brushless motors work with lightning-fast ESCs to make your Phantom 3 fast, agile and responsive.
These powerful motors give you the ability to speed up, quickly increase or decrease altitude, and stop immediately. DJI's powerful air braking mechanisms stop your Phantom 3 instantly, making it hover in place as soon as you release the control sticks. Aerodynamic self-tightening propellers boost thrust and stay firmly in place no matter how you fly.
INTELLIGENT, EASY TO FLY SYSTEM
Your Phantom 3 literally helps you fly. It processes information from every sensor and completes complex calculations in real time, giving you a worry-free flight experience.
Follows your commands instantly
Orders your phantom 3 stop and hover in place when you release the control sticks
Allows customized control settings to fit your prefernece
Enables your phantom 3 to return to you whenever needed
Processing and analyzing flight data in real time takes serous power. The main controller is the control center of your phantom 3. It collects data from the entire system, including motor speed, GPS location, your command inputs, and data from automatic sensors, and analyzes it all to tell your phantom 3 exactly how to behave at any given moment.
IMU INERTIAL MEASUREMENT
Keeping your Phantom 3 stable and flying the way you want it to the inertial measurement unit. Inside is a 6-axis gyroscope and an accelerometer that records and relays even the smallest changes in tilt and movement. It is constantly at work, detecting the slightest changes and compensating for them automatically.
ESCs ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLERS
Motor speed is critical to flight, and each motor is managed individual by the electronic speed controllers. ESCs not only vital motor speed information to the Main Controller, they also send commands back to the motors based on your input. This constant communication keeps your Phantom stable in flight, and also helps you achieve any flight movement, from gentle pans to rapid acceleration.
RETURN TO HOME
Bringing your Phantom 3 back to you is as simple as pressing a button on the remote or within the pilot app. Your system automatically remembers the point at which it took off, and returns and lands safely at this point when you commands it to return to home.
Have a new idea that requires a view from the sky? Develop your own app by using the DJI Software Development Kit. The phantom 3 platform is fully open and allows you to program apps that:
CONTROL THE CAMERA
Take pictures, record video, and control camera tilt and settings all based on your app's needs.
ACCESS REAL-TIME FOOTAGE
Record and analyze your Phantom 3's live HD video stream. Use this real-time visual information to make your app more powerful and useful.
GATHER FLIGHT DATA
Full flight telemetry, including the phantom 3's live altitude, speed, distance, and more, is available to your app.
Program your phantom 3 to act as your own personal, flying film crew.
Set waypoints and assign automatic actions for your aircraft to follow.
POINT OF INTEREST
Select a location or object to focus on, and the phantom 3 will continuously face it, no matter how you fly.
Weight (including battery and propellers)
- 1280 g
Diagonal size (including propellers)
- 590 mm
Max Ascent Speed
- 5 m/s
Max Descent Speed
- 3 m/s
- Vertical: +/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/- 0.5 m
- Horizontal: +/- 1.5 m
- 16 m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level
- 6000 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)
- 0°C to 40°C
- Pitch -90° to +30°
- 3-axis (pitch, roll, yaw)
- 2.400 GHz-2.483 GHz
- Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
- Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant
Video Output Port
- 0°C- 40°C
- 6000 mAh LiPo 2S
Mobile Device Holder
- For tablet or phone
Receiver Sensitivity (1%PER)
- -101 dBm ±2 dBm
Transmitter Power (EIRP)
- FCC: 20 dBm
- CE: 16 dBm
- 1.2 A @7.4 V
INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY
- 4480 mAh
- 15.2 V
- LiPo 4S
Max Flight Time
- Approximately 23 minutes
- -10°C to 40°C
Max Charging Power
- Sony EXMOR 1/2.3” Effective pixels: 12.4 M (total pixels: 12.76 M)
- FOV 94° 20 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.8, focus at ∞
- 100-3200 (video) 100-1600 (photo)
- 8s -1/8000s
Image Max Size
- 4000 x 3000
Still Photography modes
- Single Shot
- Burst Shooting: 3/5/7 shots
- Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5
- Bracketed Frames at 0.7EV Bias
Video Recording Modes
Phantom 3 Professional
- UHD: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p 24/25/30
- FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60
- HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60
- 2.7K: 2704 x1520p 24/25/30 (29.97)
Supported SD Card Types
- Micro SD
- Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
Max Bitrate of video storage
- Photo: JPEG, DNG
- Video: MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
- 0°C to 40°C
- Less than 8 m/s (when 2 m above ground)
- 30 cm-300 cm
- 50 cm-300 cm
- Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (Lux > 15)
- 17.4 V
Phantom 3 Professional
- 100 W
APP / LIVE VIEW
- DJI GO
Power Spectral Density
Live View Working Frequency
- 2.4GHz ISM
Live View Quality
- 720P @ 30fps (depending on conditions and mobile device)
- 220ms (depending on conditions and mobile device)
Required Operating Systems
- iOS 8.0 or later
- Android 4.1.2 or later
- ios: iPhone 5s,iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air、 iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 2、 iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad Air 2、iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 3 及 iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- Android: Samsung tabs 705c、Samsung S6、Samsung S5、Samsung NOTE4、Samsung NOTE3、Google Nexus 9、Google Nexus 7 II、Ascend Mate7、Huawei Mate 8、Nubia Z7 mini、SONY Z3 EXPE、MI 3、MI PAD