You can use the Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-501 to listen to music with your compatible music player and make and answer calls with your compatible mobile phone. The music player can be the music player feature of your phone or a separate music playing device.
The headset can be connected to a compatible mobile phone or music player that supports Bluetooth wireless technology. This technology makes it possible to connect compatible communication devices without cables. In a Bluetooth connection, the headset and the other device should be within 10 meters (30 feet) of each other. Connections can be subject to interference from obstructions, such as walls, or other electronic devices.
PAIR THE HEADSET
Pair with a phone with music player feature
If your phone has a compatible music player feature, you can use the
headset to make and answer calls and listen to music from the phone.
1. Switch on your phone.
2. Ensure that the headset is off. If it is on, switch it off.
3. Press and hold the multifunction key until the indicator light
alternately flashes blue and red.
4. Activate the Bluetooth feature on the phone, and set the phone to
search for Bluetooth devices. See the user guide of your phone for
5. Select the headset (Nokia BH-501) from the list of found devices.
6. Your phone should ask for a Bluetooth passcode. Enter the passcode
(0000) on your phone. In some phones you may need to make the
Bluetooth connection separately after pairing. You only need to pair
the headset with your phone once.
If the pairing is successful and the headset is connected with your
phone, the indicator light of the headset flashes blue slowly.