Digital Home Systems Launches the VeraEdge Smart Home Controller in Australia.
Digital Home Systems is proud to launch the latest device from smart home innovators Vera – the VeraEdge, which is available now in Australia and New Zealand.
The VeraEdge is a Z-Wave™ compatible device, which allows you to control your smart home products from a mobile device or computer. You can schedule events to trigger by activating motion or light sensors. And you can save your preferred temperature or light settings, which can easily be changed with a single click. With VeraEdge you can do anything today's most advanced smart homes can do.
The VeraEdge introduces some new features, like geo fencing, which notifies the system when you're coming home. Using the controller, you can adjust the right temperature in your bedroom or living room when you arrive. You can save energy by switching off all the lights and unnecessary equipment that’s accidentally left on. There are thousands of ways to make your home or office more secure and efficient. And Vera gives you the freedom to experiment with all of them, until you find the smartest way to live.
Your VeraEdge system can do many different things, depending on the accessories you add to it:
- Build a security system by adding door locks, door/window sensors, motion sensors, wireless video cameras, and sirens.
- Create an energy saving system with thermostats, light dimmers, and AC controllers.
- Set up a home safety monitoring system with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood detectors.
- Make your life more convenient by connecting garage door openers, light switches, and lawn sprinklers that operate automatically.
Feel free to combine all these functions into one system!
VeraEdge works with all leading brands of Z-Wave sensors, locks, thermostats, cameras, switches and other devices, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues. Since the first version of UI7, manufacturers have significantly improved their Z-Wave Plus support and they continue to release updates that keep up with the latest technology.
- Faster processor allows greater compatibility with devices
- More memory for better response times and flexibility
- WPS easy push button pairing for Wi-Fi devices
- Improved multi-camera management
- Intuitive user set-up and control
- Local Z-Wave control of devices so the scenes and schedule work locally even when your Internet goes down
Vera UI7 features:
- One simple user interface across all platforms (PC/Mac desktops, smartphones, tablets)
- Integrated Help - contextual help callouts and links to detailed documentation on the support site
- Preconfigured Device Settings for Easy Setup
- At a Glance Reporting of Household Energy Consumption (Daily, Monthly, and Annual Reporting)
- Improved access control with PIN management
- Customizable dashboard - pin your favorite devices for quick monitoring, instant access and control
The VeraEdge is now available for purchase through the network of Digital Home Systems' resellers.
- Z-Wave Plus™ and 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 921.42Mhz ‐ AU/NZ approved RF for Z‐wave
- Australian type Socket Plug connection
- AC 230V / 50Hz
- Up to 30m indoors with no obstacles
- CPU: 600MHz MIPS SoC
- Flash Memory: NAND 128 MB
- Memory: DDR2 128 MB
- 1 x USB Port for future expansion
- 1 x WAN Port
- 4 x LAN Port 1 (10/100 Mbit/sec port)
- 0 ~ 40 °C
- ‐10 ~ 70 °C, humidity 5~95%RH (max)